Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Home Church Away From Home

I love being encouraged. I think ever one does. I don't mean the flattering kind, but the kind that does exactly what the word suggests - to put courage into someone. I have heard that the gift of spiritual encouragement is to "demand the truth from a person". The meaning of this being that when someone encourages us they are demanding us to step up to the plate of reality on God's terms & view, not our own (which is so often flawed). We all need this.

Lately my interaction with all the CityLight gang (our home church) has been a good dose of Godly encouragement. It's not that I'm completely off track, but rubbing up against ever ones lives as they manifest the Spirit of Jesus does keep me on the right path. And the great thing is that I don't think it's just me who is encouraged. It's a mutual infection of goodness.

I just got this link from Mike & Heather who are part of the group. They were blogging about CityLight and it was a great encouragement to me. It may also be to you who if you have been praying for the work here in BA.

Check out: Our Home Church Away From Home