Thursday, May 7, 2009

This week at CityLight

Hi guys,

I hope all of you are doing well this week. I meant to send this out a few days ago, but am soooo behind. Please pray for my time management. Anyways, after talking with Ivetka we decided that it would probably work better to have our church meetings on Sunday at the house as usual. It was great to be outside, but the distractions and managing the kids (mainly mine) made it a bit difficult. In the future if the big guys (Jakub & Dominic) can help Ivetka, she will take the smaller kids to the park for the 2nd half of the meetings. That way they get a bit of fresh air and burn off some energy. However, I still love the idea of us all being out together and Lord willing be able to meet with unbelievers and share something of the Lord with them as opportunities arise. I have got some ideas for this, but I would like yours as well. So, lets pray for it together!

BTW - if you have any great photos from our time in the park would you please send me a copy?

Ok, here is the game plan: This Sunday we will meet at our home starting at 3:30 as usual. We can have a meal together as usual, but I would like to suggest that as we move into summer lets just keep things simple & easy. So, don't plan for a feast, but just a light meal or dessert.

Some other announcements: We have two conferences coming up. The first is the GROW UP! retreat May 29-June 1st. Also, the Foundations Conference (June 22-27) in Hungary. Like I said Foundations is an awesome event. Well worth attending. But it's popular and there is limited space. So if you want to go sign up ASAP. If $ is a problem don't worry about it. Just let me know your desire & need and it will be covered. Click here for details on either event.

Also, I could use your help. It looks like we will have a team of 6 from World Race come to serve with us here in BA from May 25-June 20th. They will confirm tomorrow. I need to set up some cheap (if not free) housing for them. Any ideas?

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday!

Blessings,

Patrick + Ivetka