Saturday, November 1, 2008

Goal!

The great thing about working at a school are the breaks. For some reason we have this whole week off of school...I still don't know exactly why, but I'm not arguing. Actually, Monday I had to work - a training about discipline...which was actually interesting, but I will leave that for later. So, what will we do with a week off - get out of BA of course! It's great to be in the city, but sometimes you just gotta get out into the countryside - so we hopped into the car and drove up to Orava.

About 1/2 hour before arriving we got an invite to go to a hokey game - Dolny Kubin vs. Trebisov. Gabe & I went with Starky. Slovakia is the perfect place to catch a good game, with excellent players, without huge crowds or expensive tickets. Gabe had a great time and cheered DK on. We won 5/4. Here are a few clips from the game.